Gloopy, white, thick, and tacky

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The reason I bought this was for my trip to Thailand. I went to beach and rainforest areas so I wanted water resistant, anti-bug sunscreen. This product worked perfectly at repelling bugs (also other people in my party). During my days walking around the temples and in rainforest areas it worked perfectly. It took me a while to fine tune the amount and figure out that you need to rub it around in your palms for a bit before you put it on your skin (I'm a gentleman, so putting it on my arms or legs directly, then trying to spread it on turned my hairy extremities blue-ish white). The main problem is that this is NOT WATERPROOF AT ALL. I went swimming once during my whole trip for twenty minutes and then reapplied straight after I got back under the beach umbrella, but I was going red by 4pm. Going red on the day you get burnt is NOT a good sign. So, if you plan to take this hiking or rainforest walking in places where there are a lot of mosquitoes/wasps, it would be great. For people who don't want to look blue-ish in photos, or who want to go swimming, I simply cannot recommend it. As one of my two major reasons for buying it (water resistant SPF) turned out to be a bust, I gave this product a generous 3.

good only with outdoor activities and swimming, otherwise too thick and sticky. difficult to spread!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I think this repels mosquitoes because I haven't been bitten while using this. Not sure if the sun protection works since I'm not usually out in the sun too long. I don't like how this product is sticky and hard to spread. It is also quite difficult to wash off and requires a scrub /brush/loofah for it to wash off.

Not sure if it works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

love it as it is a sunscreen and repellent in one, not sure if it does its job as a repellent. Kids hate the smell. However, I do use it with other repellents.